Thursday, August 15, 2019

Spear Fishing The Pass


Spear Fishing In The Pass

I slipped quietly into the water and placed the butt of my spear gun against my chest heaving back on the rubbers to load it.  The first thing I saw was a school of small silver fish with ruler length trevally hanging around the surface. Underneath me were 3 or 4 curious grey reef sharks lurking. I lined up a trevally aimed and shot.  The spear sprang from my spear-gun and buried itself into the trevally.  I swam quickly to the dingy and threw my spear-gun into it before the sharks could figure out what was happening.  Then I heaved myself aboard and donged it quickly on the head to kill it.  As we drifted further through the pass I shot a smaller goat fish while dad shot a parrot fish, goat fish and big eye.







No comments:

Post a Comment