Thursday, August 15, 2019

Manta Rays


Manta Rays

I slipped into the water and dad passed me my spear gun. The first thing I saw was a sizeable black tip shark sitting right under me. I got a bit of a fright at first,  but when I identified it as a harmless black tip I calmed down a little.  I swam along the edge of the rocks in search of a big enough fish to shoot.
“Manta rays,” mum yelled from the dingy, before slipping into the water. Flicking the safety on my spear gun I raced over to see a parade of enormous manta rays swooping past, then diving gracefully to curve just under us.  Their mouths were at least 1 meter wide to catch the millions of tiny jellies that swarmed all around us.  They continued this for almost an hour, swooping, diving, gracefully curving, but each time managing to miss us by centimetres, until they finally glided away.

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to read a new blog post Baxter and hear more of your wonderful adventures!

    ReplyDelete